WhatsApp isn’t just for smartphones. WhatsApp Web allows you to access the popular chat app on Mac, Windows, and iPad. WhatsApp Web is easy to set up on any of these devices.
The best part is that WhatsApp Web can be used without a smartphone. WhatsApp Web online mirrors its mobile counterpart. WhatsApp Web requires that you have your iPhone/Android phone close to your computer in order to use it. We’ll tell you how to use WhatsApp Web even if your phone is not connected.
This article has covered the essential features you should know to use WhatsApp Web. Keep reading as we tell you how to use WhatsApp Web and how it works.
WhatsApp Web: How do you use it?
As we mentioned above, WhatsApp is a mirror of WhatsApp that’s found on mobiles. These steps will help you get started using WhatsApp Web.
- Open the browser on your computer and go to www.web.Whatsapp.com Hit, and.Enter.
- The screen will ask you to scan the QR code. Open an Android smartphoneWhatsApp> Tap theIcon of vertical three dotsSelectWhatsApp Web. Similar steps apply if you own an iPhone. Open WhatsApp > tap Settings > then tap WhatsApp Web.
- Scan the QR code on your computer screen. Now WhatsApp Web is active on your computer. Simply open the chat threads of your contacts to start chatting. You can also open a chat with your contacts by clicking on their chat icons.
- WhatsApp Web is available on both Windows and Mac computers.
- Note that WhatsApp Web must be enabled on the phone where your WhatsApp account is active.
WhatsApp Web App: How to Download and Use with QR Code
If you prefer having WhatsApp as an app for your desktop, rather than going to your web browser and loading WhatsApp Web each time you have closed the browser, follow these steps:
- On your computer, visit www.whatsapp.com/download and hitEnter.
- Click the button below to download WhatsApp for Windows PC or Mac.Click the green Download button. The website will detect whether you are using a Mac or Windows PC automatically, so you don’t have to search for the right version.
- Once the file has been downloaded,Install itYour system andopen it.
- Now you’ll see the familiar QR code just like what you see when opening WhatsApp Web from a browser.
- Scanning the QR codeOpen WhatsApp from your smartphone. Open WhatsApp if you have an Android smartphoneWhatsApp> Tap theIcon of vertical three dotsSelectWhatsApp Web. Open the same way if you own an iPhone.WhatsApp> tapSettings> followed by tappingWhatsApp Web.
- Before you scan the code, be sure to check theOptional: Keep me signed inJust below the QR code. This is so you don’t need to scan the code every time you open the app.
- That’s all. Now WhatsApp is running on your computer as an application.
WhatsApp Web works even if your phone is turned off
This is the simple answer. WhatsApp Web will not work on your tablets and computers if the mobile number to which it is connected is disabled.
WhatsApp Web must be connected to an active internet connection and your phone with which you have a WhatsApp account must be on.
WhatsApp Web will not log out if you close the browser or turn off your system after you connect to it. Your WhatsApp chats will open every time you visit web.whatsapp.com
WhatsApp Web works even if your phone is not nearby. The phone and the WhatsApp Web-enabled device can be far apart, but they will still work.
Your phone must have an active internet connection. Once you’ve connected your account to the WhatsApp Web client, they’ll remain connected, even if your travels take you to another country.
WhatsApp Web: How do I edit my profile?
These steps will allow you to edit your WhatsApp Web personal details, such as your name and profile photo.
- Open WhatsApp Web from your browser on your computer or the desktop app.
- Click here the profile icon at the top. Click on your to change your profile picture from your computer. profile photo if you already have one, click onUpload photo or Take photo depending on your preference.
- You can view your name below your profile photo. Click the pencil icon to edit
- Similar to the above, you will also see About. Click the pencil icon to edit
- You are not able to post WhatsApp Status. You can check the status stories of your contacts. Click on the status conflict on any of the following: Next to your profile photo, click on Any. Contacto views their status.
WhatsApp Web Dark Mode: What can you do?
WhatsApp Web doesn’t officially support dark mode, but there are two ways to enable it easily. Either enable it using the Inspect Element feature in your browser or install an extension. Here are the steps:
- Go to WhatsApp Web Log into your computer using the QR code. Open WhatsApp on your Android phone > Tap the three-dots icon at the top-right>Settings>WhatsApp Web. Open WhatsApp on iPhoneSettings>WhatsApp WebNow, enter the code. Now scan the code from your screen and login.
- Right-click click here to visit the WhatsApp Web PageInspect Element. Search for body class=”web”. You might need to search for something in some browsers, such as Safari for Mac. body class=” web text-rendering-bug-fix”.
- Right-clickThis line > ClickEdit.
- Now change it to body class=”web dark” or body class=”web dark text-rendering-bug-fix”.
- HitEnterTo make changes, use the keyboard or click anywhere else on this page.
- WhatsApp Web now offers dark mode.
- If you feel this is too complex, install the Stylus addon for Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Now install the Dark WhatsApp style from this site. You can also install this style via Github (just scroll down to the Installation section).
- Now, open WhatsApp Web to switch to dark mode.
WhatsApp Web: Voice/Video calling
WhatsApp Web offers many features, including the ability to chat with friends, send videos and photos to family members, check statuses, and archive and block chats.
However, voice and video calls are not yet possible on WhatsApp Web. WhatsApp has not officially added the feature. Follow these steps if you need to make a video or voice call using WhatsApp on your computer. We will tell you more about the limitations in a moment.
WhatsApp Web not working: What can you do?
Now you know what WhatsApp Web is, how to access it, and how to use them. WhatsApp Web and the desktop app may not work for you at times. These steps will help you fix the problem.
- WhatsApp Web may not be working on your computer because you might have a problem with your phone’s connection. This can be fixed by ensuring that your phone has an active internet connection.
- Computer connection issues could also be a problem. You may also see a yellow message in your chats with “Computer Not Connected” above it. Make sure your Internet connection is working. Your computer, as well as your phone, needs an active and stable Internet connection.
- You may also experience Wi-Fi issues while using WhatsApp Web. WhatsApp Web may notify you if you are on a WiFi network that is preventing WhatsApp Web’s operation from working properly. Please make sure that your network bypasses traffic to web.whatsapp.com or.web.whatsapp.net.
WhatsApp Web: How do I download all media?
WhatsApp Web does not allow you to download all media, unlike the mobile version. WhatsApp Web allows you to download audio, video, and photos but not all media files at once. To download media from WhatsApp Web, click on each file individually and then download it.
WhatsApp Web: How can you stop auto-download
WhatsApp Web doesn’t allow you to download all media files at once, as we have already mentioned. The same goes for WhatsApp Web’s auto-download option. This means that you won’t have to worry about WhatsApp’s auto-downloaded media files clogging your storage.
Read More: App Development platform: Native vs Cross-Platform