Update your Aadhaar’s Mobile Number from your home now. The process of linking or updating a contact number with an Aadhaar card has become much simpler now, especially for those who live in rural areas.
With the help of a postman, people will now have the option of updating their phone numbers on their Aadhaar cards at their doorstep. The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) and the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) have teamed up to offer a service that will allow postmen to facilitate the process of updating mobile numbers linked to Aadhaar cards.
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identity number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is one of the most accepted documents that serve as proof of identity and address in India.
According to the official website, people can now update their name, date of birth, gender, address, and language online. But, for other updates like biometric updates or mobile number linking, residents should visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Now, a resident Aadhaar holder can get their updated mobile number in Aadhaar from the postman at their doorstep. IPPB Online launched a service to update mobile numbers in Aadhaar as a UIDAI registrar.
The service will be provided through a network of 650 India Post Payments Bank in collaboration with 1.46 lakh postmen and Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) who have been trained to provide a range of banking services with the help of smartphones and devices. biometrics, the Ministry said. in a sentence.
Currently, IPPB is helping only Aadhaar holders update their numbers and is soon expected to allow children to enroll in Aadhaar through its network. UIDAI issued Aadhaar numbers of Rs 128.99 million, as of March 31, 2021.
In a statement, UIDAI Executive Director Dr. Saurabh Garg said that this new measure will be of great help to residents of India as updating their mobile phone numbers on their Aadhaar will allow them to make use of various facilities provided by UIDAI in addition to wellness plans. that have been introduced by the government.
J Venkatramu, CEO and MD of IPPB believes that this new service will help bridge the digital divide in the country by serving underserved and unbanked areas.
The app has already been activated on the phones of nearly 600 postal employees, who are using it on a trial basis. “Most of these trials have been conducted in the Vijayapura and Haveri districts and have been successful,” he added.
While mobile phone numbers are not easily changed by those in urban areas, it is frequently done in rural areas whenever telecommunications companies advertise offers. “Therefore, it will benefit more people living in rural areas,” he added. “Since the Aadhaar numbers of the children’s parents are already available, the staff can register at the door. This will be done in the next phase and not now, ”said the official.
Steps to update mobile number in Aadhar Card
There are cases where people no longer use the mobile phone number that was registered with UIDAI. Changing or updating the mobile phone number of the Aadhar card can be done by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre
Step 2: Fill the Aadhaar Update Form
Step 3: Enter only your current mobile number in the form
Step 4: You need not mention your previous mobile number
Step 5: You do not have to provide any proof for updating your mobile number
Step 6: The executive will register your request
Step 7: You will be handed over the acknowledgment slip containing the URN
Step 8: A fee of Rs. 50 has to be paid for availing this service
How to Update Aadhar Card Details through Post
You can also update your Aadhar details offline by mailing the request to UIDAI. The steps involved in this process are:
- Download the “Aadhaar Data Update / Correction Form” online
- Fill in the details required to be exchanged on your Aadhaar card.
- Obtain the photocopies of the documents that validate the changes requested to be made in the form.
- Send the form together with the self-assessed documents to the postal address mentioned below:
Address 1: UIDAI
Post-Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Address 2: UIDAI
Post-Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
Documents Required for Aadhar Card Update
- PAN card.
- Either Ration or PDS Photo card.
- Voter Identification card.
- Driving licence of the applicant.
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government of India.
- Service photo ID cards that is issued by the PSU.
- Job card of NREGS.
- Photo identification that is issued by some Recognised Educational Institution.
- Licence of Arms.
- Photo Bank ATM card.
- Photo Credit card.
- Photo card of the Pensioner.
- Photo card of the Freedom Fighter.
- Photo Passbook of Kisan.
- Photo card of CGHS.
- Certificate of Marriage.
- Document containing proof of marriage of the applicant issued originally by the marriage Registrar.
- Legally approved name change certificate
- ECHS Photo card.
- Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and photo that was originally issued by the Department of Posts.
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead and is issued by either the Gazetted Officer or the Tehsildar.
- Handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card.