C++ programming language is an all-purpose programming language that was created as an improvement on the C language to incorporate an object-oriented model.
Overview of C++
C++ is an imperative as well as an imperative and compiled language.
C++ is a middle-level language that gives it an advantage in programming at a lower level (drivers kernels, drivers) and higher-level programs (games GUI, desktop applications, and so on.). The syntax and structure of code for the two languages C as well as C++ are identical.
C++ is a general-purpose, case-sensitive, free-form programming language that allows procedural, object-oriented, and general programming. C++ is a middle-level language since it is a language that combines high and low-level language characteristics.
C++ supports object-oriented programming. The four main components of object-oriented programing ( OOPs) that are used within C++ are:
History of C++
The background of the C++ language is interesting to find out. This article will briefly discuss the background of the C++ language. C program language was created in the year 80 by Bjarne Stroustrup, a bell laboratory employee in AT&T (American Telephone and Telegraph) which is located in the U.S.A.
Bjarne Stroustrup is credited as the creator of C++. C++ language.
It was created to provide the feature in the form of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) in C without substantially altering C’s C component.C++ programming can be described as “relative” (called a superset) of C which means that any legitimate C program can also be appropriate for C++ programming.
Difference between C and C++.
C is a structural programming language and does not provide objects and classes and objects, whereas C++ is an object-oriented programming system that can support the notion of classes as well as objects.
- The type in programming languages
C is a structural programming language in which the code is tested line-by-line, whereas C++ is an object-oriented programming language that supports the notion of classes as well as objects.
- The developer of this language
Dennis Ritchie developed C language at Bell Laboratories while Bjarne Stroustrup invented his C++ programming language in Bell Labs circa 1980.
C++ can be described as an extension of the C programming language. C++ can run 99percent of C code, however, C language can’t be used to run C++ code.
- Approach type
C employs the top-down approach C follows the top-down method, while C++ is based on the bottom-up strategy. The top-down method breaks down the principal modules into tasks. These tasks are divided into sub-tasks and then on. The bottom-down method develops the modules at the lower levels first before moving on to the next-level modules.
In C data, Data can be easily altered by outsiders since it doesn’t support concealing of information and encapsulation. C++ has the advantage of being extremely secure, i.e. that no one outside is able to alter its data since it is able to support both encapsulation and hiding of data. In C language functions and data are free entities and in the C++ language, all functions and data are packaged into objects.
- Function Overloading
Function overloading lets you use more than one function that has the same name but differs in terms of parameters. C doesn’t support the overloading of functions, however, C++ supports the function overloading.
- Function Overriding
Function overriding is a function that gives a specific implementation of the function. It is already specified within the class base. C is not able to support the function overriding feature, whereas C++ supports the function overriding.
- Referent variables
C is not able to support reference variables, whereas C++ supports the reference variables.
C includes 32 keywords as well C++ can support 52 keywords.
- A namespace is a feature of HTML0.
A namespace is a characteristic that combines the entities such as objects, classes, and functions under a particular name. C is not equipped with the namespace feature. However, C++ supports the namespace feature, which prevents name collisions.
- Exception handling
C does not offer direct support for handling of exceptions; it has to make use of functions that can handle exception handling. C++ provides direct support for handling exceptions using the try-catch block.
- Functions for input and output
In C the scanf and printf are employed to input and output respectively. In C++, cin and cout functions are utilized for input and output functions respectively.
- De- and memory allocation
C is able to support the calloc() as well as malloc() functions to perform memory allocation, as well as it also supports the free() function to perform memory de-allocation. C++ supports a new operator for memory allocation and a delete operator for memory de-allocation.
Inheritance is an option that permits children classes to use the characteristics of the parent class. C language doesn’t support inheritance, while C++ supports inheritance.
- Header file
C program makes use of header file, whereas C++ program uses header file.
Applications of C++
The usage that comes with C++ is diversified in a wide range of areas due to its versatility and dependability. Below are specific areas in which C++ could be utilized.
- C++ is widely employed in the gaming industry. Many companies employ people who have a solid understanding of C++ to build interactive games for their.
- Another of the applications in C++ is creating Graphical User Interface, which makes it easier for users to interact with the application.
- In programs like Adobe Photoshop as well as Illustrator, C++ is also used.
- We can utilize C++ to create web browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox and compilers.
- The operating systems are developed with C++.
- The medical industry utilized C++ to build the majority of their applications.
- A few other programming languages, such as Java are built on C++. C++ language.
Advantages and Disadvantages of C++
Since we already know how to write the introduction to C++, we’re now moving ahead to discover the advantages and drawbacks in C++, which are as the following :
- C++ is a highly efficient language that’s efficient and reliable.
- C++ has a large range of uses which is why understanding the language can make it easier to comprehend the concept of Object-Oriented Programming.
- C++ makes it easier to master other programming languages, too.
- C++ could often be difficult to learn.
- The error messages that are displayed in C++ could be complex and sometimes difficult to identify.
- It may be difficult to access library using C++ even.
- The code may be susceptible to error since C++ doesn’t provide the ability to type-check.
C++ is widely used for lots of developments like game development, Operating system, creating web browsers, used in ML and IoT devices. This article has only the basics of C++. For becoming the pro the basics should be clear always. There are lots of topics yet to cover and we will do it in further blogs. Some topics are:
- Introduction to C++ Programming Language
- Installation of C++
- Data Types in C++
- Variables in C++ Programming Language
- C++ Operators and Expressions
and many more topics are yet to come, so be updated to our website (BeAware World)